Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 31 - Linkhorne Elementary School - Lynchburg


I love my job. Here a girl catches sight of the TidePool Cruiser's latest addition: a flying fish! Unfortunately it flew the coop and the kids in DC (our next stop) won't be seeing it. Too bad it was indeed a rare sight.

The students at Linkhorne (133 third and fourth graders) were exceptional. (In a good way.) I wish I could go back. One girl asked if we'd be back next year when she will be in fourth grade - she wanted to see it again.

Tomorrow it's on to our nation's capitol. Two more schools to visit before our last one in Connecticut.

1 comment:

  1. Gary,

    It was a joy meeting you at Linkhorne. I attended with Cynthia.

    Your program was wonderful and it opened my eyes to the fact that I have been "just accepting" things the way they are. I was moved to do something.

    I contacted our city's waste department and found they have an "adopt-a-street" program. I learned all the details and took them to my church leaders. Bottom line, the church officials love the idea and we are adopting a mile long section of highway near the church to clean.

    I can only hope that others who saw your program are so inspired to get up and "do something" no matter how big or small. And our efforts have come about BECAUSE of "your" efforts to make folks "aware!" Thank you for that.

    I wish you success with your program and God's love to keep you safe while traveling.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete