Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 12 - Carver Academy - Amarillo

I thought Chicago was the Windy City or maybe Hutchinson, KS, BUT Amarillo qualifies as well. Winds were around 50 mph (no pictures today - the wind ripped the camera out of my hands and I'm pretty sure Ill find it in Oklahoma City tomorrow). The third graders at Carver were very well-behaved and enthusiastic. I was surprised when I passed out the Seafood Watch cards for sushi and heard many kids say, "I love sushi." or "Sushi's really good!" I don't know about you (all), but to me it's counterintuitive to look for sushi in Texas. But I'm glad it's popular. Now the kids know the best choices to make when eating it - thanks to the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program.

The kids also promised to sign the Pledge to Save Our Waters and to send postcards to the City of Long Beach, CA explaining how they, the kids, help stop pollution from getting into their rivers, streams and lakes.

Leaving early tomorrow to beat the winds to Oklahoma City. Till then...Peace

1 comment: