Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 29 - Virginia still


Had a GREAT day...I was carded at Luray Caverns. They didn't believe I was 62. But then again, compared to a 300 million year old stalactite, I guess I'm lookin' pretty good. Arrived in Lynchburg after a stop at Appomattox Court House where Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia to Grant. More Civil War site exploring tomorrow. We had dinner with an old friend, Cynthia, from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts days, and her husband, Walter, her daughter, Verity, her husband Jonathan and their friend, Craig. Delicious Yankee pot roast in Dixie. Couldn't have been better.

Met a student from Linkhorne Elementary today also. That's where the TidePool Cruiser stops next. Looking forward to it. Then DC, NJ and CT. Inching closer and closer to my new home and more teaching.

1 comment:

  1. Gary- it seems like you are having the best trip- it's so so coll that those kids in the middle of the country actually get to see a sea star-I'm sure that your visit will stay with them- let's talk soon- went to Fabio's restaurant in Moorpark- it sucked!!

    ReplyDelete