Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 16 - Heritage Hall School

Probably the coldest day for a presentation ever. The students were real troopers and shivered their way through the TidePool Cruiser experience. The sea stars loved the cold water of course. The reception by the second and third graders of the Lower School was exceptional...resulting in an exceptional reception. I'm pretty sure they learned some things, too. I learned about Hefner Lake and its role as a source of drinking water for the region. And I learned that the "o-fish-ial fish of Oklahoma is the white bass. The picture shows some kids looking at the stomach of a living bat star direct from the Pacific Ocean.

We truly enjoyed our stay in Oklahoma City; especially the friendliness and hospitality of the "Sooners." I will be surprised if any other of our stays will be as pleasant, although I'm hoping they will be warmer.

Tomorrow - Little Rock, Arkansas.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Your recounting the OK City bombing brought back some awful memories. Like JFK's assassination and 9/11, I'll never forget where I was when the news hit about OKC - we were sitting in the airport in Kansas City waiting to fly to CA for a wedding and the flight was delayed. The immediate silence in the airport was deafening. Enjoy Little Rock!

    ReplyDelete